The Humanscale Smart Ocean Chair is an inventive adaptation of the legendary, Diffrient Smart chair. The Smart Ocean is the first ergonomic task chair made with recycled fishing nets, as a result, this is one of the most sustainable chairs on the market.
Featuring the same timeless design and functionality as the Diffrient Smart chair, the Smart Ocean chair offers Form-Sensing Mesh Technology and balance mechanism to instantly adjust to and move with every unique user. There is no need for training, instructions or manual adjustments.
Features • Innovative weight-sensitive, self-locking recline mechanism with 20° of movement uses each sitter’s body weight to adjust the tension and recline of the chair
• Contoured seat cushions closely follow the body’s shape while a waterfall edge offers long-term comfort, reducing pressure points and providing weight distribution
• Unique arm design attaches to the back frame to provide support during full range of recline
• Modular design ensures easy maintenance and allows the user to update the chair’s aesthetic
• A variety of high-performance textiles and proprietary meshes complement the chair’s form
• 15-year warrantySpecifications
• Chair Supports user height range of 152.4 - 193 cm (5’0” - 6’4”) and weight range of 45 - 136 kg (100 lbs. - 300 lbs.)
• Contoured seat cushions measure 489mm (19.25”) wide and 50mm (2”) thick • 412 - 476 mm (16.25”- 18.75”) seat depth adjustment range
• Chair weight: 15.4kg (34 lbs.) with arms, 14kg (31 lbs.) without arms
• Available in the black frame configuration only Design Story “A smart chair adapts to your weight and shape automatically, as if the chair were made for you personally.” – Niels Diffrient, Industrial Designer, Ergonomics Pioneer Drawing inspiration from the three dimensional-approach tailors take when creating suits, Niels Diffrient wanted to build a minimal mesh chair with a back that automatically fits the user. As a result, when you sit in our mesh task chairs, they fit you like a perfectly tailored shirt.
Environmental Story Smart Ocean utilises material from discarded ocean fishing nets collected and recycled by Bureo, an emerging venture developing innovative solutions to prevent ocean plastic pollution. The nets are transformed into plastic pellets and then used to manufacture Smart Ocean chairs. Smart Ocean is the first-ever ergonomic chair to be built with recycled net.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Humanscale Diffrient Smart Ocean Chair
Incorporating almost 2 pounds of recycled NetPlus material, Smart Ocean is the embodiment of our commitment to sustainable manufacturing. Featuring the same Form-Sensing Mesh Technology and transparent functionality as the Diffrient Smart chair, Smart Ocean instantly adjusts to each unique user – as if each chair was made for them. With an aesthetic driven by functionality, Smart Ocean has a timeless beauty that’s universally relevant in any workspace.